28 Jun What’s Inside My New Lettering Book
Hi! I haven’t been posting any work updates recently on the blog, but just so you know—I have a lot of announcements in the coming months before I leave for school. 🙂
One is this: my new book, The Complete Photo Guide to Hand Lettering and Calligraphy, is officially out in the market! *confetti* I’ve been working on this book last year and it’s been quite a journey getting from start to finish. This is published by Creative Publishing International, an imprint of Quarto Publishing USA (also where Rockport is an imprint of). I’m so grateful to have given the opportunity to write and illustrate this book—my second international title!
I’m sure you’re going to ask me, why are you releasing another lettering book? Correction, it’s a lettering AND calligraphy book; a more comprehensive all-in-one guide to the world of handmade type. (I filmed a vlog explaining all my lettering books; it should be up soon on my channel!) I selected contributors from the Philippines (because this is where I’m from) who are all skilled in their respective calligraphy and hand lettering fields to share their techniques and process in this book.
What my new book is about
- The essential reference for novice and expert letterers and calligraphers: from traditional to modern calligraphy and hand lettering, this book contains a variety of techniques for you to explore and try
- All you to need to know to make personalized projects: we’ve included DIY projects at the end of each section (calligraphy, hand lettering, digital lettering) so you can apply your skills to fun activities
- Step-by-step instructions and photos: inside you will find images, art, and photos to help you visualize and get educated with all things hand lettering and calligraphy
See what’s inside the #CPGHLCBook:
- Begin with the Basics: from materials to basic terminologies of calligraphy and lettering
- Traditional Calligraphy: explore several styles including Copperplate, Spencerian, Blackletter, and Roman
- Modern Hand Lettering: learn basic script, bounce lettering, and layouts
- Decorative Lettering: add depth and dimension to your alphabets through embellishments and florals
- Digital Lettering: digitize your hand lettering or illustrate your letters on a software
- Create Projects: DIY your way to making personalized projects—from embossing to designing your own tote
- Practice your skills: worksheets are included in this book for you to apply what you’ve learned
More About the Book
Here are some reviews we’ve gathered for you to take a closer look into what’s inside!
- 7 Books I Am Currently Reading | My Sweet Savannah
- Book Review: The Complete Photo Guide to Hand Lettering and Calligraphy | Dad of Divas
- COMPLETE PHOTO GUIDE TO HAND LETTERING & CALLIGRAPHY Book Review – A Peek into the Artistic World of Hand Letters and Calligraphy | Picture This Post
- THE COMPLETE PHOTO GUIDE TO HAND LETTERING AND CALLIGRAPHY + 14 LETTERING PROJECT IDEAS | Mom Always Finds Out
Where To Get a Copy
- Worldwide: Bookstores all over the world (hopefully it will be out in the coming weeks!)
- USA: Amazon (bit.ly/cpgletteringbook)
- Philippines: National Book Store and Powerbooks branches nationwide (https://www.nationalbookstore.com/the-complete-photo-guide-to-hand-lettering-and-calligraphy)
Come to my Launch! (Philippines)
Join me this July 7 as we officially launch my new book in the Philippines! 2PM at 2/F The Podium, FREE ENTRANCE. We’ll be having some art demos, as well as free activities for everyone. See you! RSVP here.